Research, Development & Extension
The Australian Council of Prawn Fisheries’ Research, Development & Extension (RD&E) Plan provides a framework to identify the key strategic research needs of the sector from 2016 – 2020.
Research, Development and Extension
Australian Council of Prawn Fisheries Ltd (ACPF) manages approximately 50% of prawn fishery’s Research and Development funds on their behalf.
ACPF’s main research partner is currently Fisheries Research and Development Corporation. An agreement to co-fund strategic prawn relevant research was entered into in June 2016 and extends to 2020.
ACPF invests according to an agreed Strategic Research, Development and Extension (RD&E) Plan that extends from 2016 to 2020.
Investment RD&E Goals
ACPF’s investment RD&E goals for 2016-2020 are:
- Secure fishery access based on minimal impact on the marine environment and continual improvement in resource sustainability.
- Consistent and stable gains in prawn prices.
- Real increases in harvest and prawn supply chain efficiency.
- Real increases in consumer awareness of Australian wild catch prawns.
- Respected and professional leadership.
- Adoption of knowledge and technologies by industry, researchers, government and the community to realise the ACPF mission.