As part of the ACPF and FRDC funded project to explain bycatch reduction and trawl efficiency research results in fisheries, Steve Keneally, Matt Broadhurst and Steve Eayrs share options to reduce bycatch and trawl efficiency.
Please note that in episode 1 a summary of findings is given first.
Further episodes to come are:
- Bycatch globally
- Bycatch in Australia
- Bycatch reduction and codend – BRDs
- Fuel efficienct bycatch reduction – front end (rig config, boards, sweeps)
- Fuel efficient bycatch reduction – net mechanics (mesh size, net shape, knot direction)
- Fuel efficient bycatch reduction – ground gear (ground gear & fish excluders)
- What are fisheries interested in?